• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jovelezc

Quick Ageia question

This topic is 3993 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Thanks for reading my post. I opened this thread because i have been searching for a while on the ageia documentation and have not been able to find the answer to the following question. When an actor is created does the physics engine creates the object bound so that i can retrieve them or do I have to create them myself? Sorry if this has been asked before and thanks for any help you can give me.

Advertisement
Internally, PhysX does compute bounds, which it uses during the broad and mid-phase collision detection stages. You can retrieve the bounds as an axis-aligned box (in world space), for each shape of the actor, using NxShape::getWorldBounds(), which populates a NxBounds3 object. If you want a single bounds for an actor that has multiple shapes, you would need to iterate over the shapes, and accumulate a bounds for the whole actor using NxBounds3::combine().

Hope that helps!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!