• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
karmapolice

cg bump mapping problems

This topic is 3809 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to modify the "bump mapping of a torus" code by "The CG Tutorial" to change the torus to a cylinder. The bump mapped cylinder appears to be good, but in some areas (mostly the darker ones) there are strange brights that change when the eyeview changes. I do not know what I am doing wrong. The problem desappears when I do not add the specular light. Could somebody give me a clue? Here is the tutorial with the original source code: Cg Bump Tutorial Here is my modified C source code: C code Here is my modified CG vertex program: vertex program Here is the fragment program (I have not touched it): fragment program Major changes are: - I have changed the torus parametric equations and rotation matrix with cylinder ones in the vertex program. - I have added some keys to move the eyeview: a,b,q,w,+,- Thank you and sorry for my English. [Edited by - karmapolice on January 17, 2008 3:18:25 PM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by yosh64
hey

Thought I'd let ya know that ya rafb.net links are broken. I suggest http://pastebin.com, where you can select how long ya want things to stay.

cya

Thank you very much. I didn't know rafb.net was so mean :P

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!