• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EvaldsUrtans

boost ptr_vector bug

This topic is 3812 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I came accross possible bug in boost (1.34.1) ptr_vector or connected clases; I guess it shows op only when compiling with MS VS8. #include <boost/ptr_container/ptr_vector.hpp> class A { public: A(); ~A(); }; boost::ptr_vector<A> inst; In VS8 Gives: C2248: 'boost::ptr_container_detail::reversible_ptr_container<Config,CloneAllocator>::reversible_ptr_container' : cannot access private member declared in class 'boost::ptr_container_detail::reversible_ptr_container<Config,CloneAllocator>' c:\program files\boost\boost_1_34_1\boost\ptr_container\ptr_sequence_adapter.hpp 600 Then I found thread about this problem here: http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20071213.195547.8c70e60f.en.html But I do not know where can I find those fixed boost files that guy is talking about? Where do boost developers put they latest stuff? (If I had time I would like to work on those libraries myself as well) Edit >> Ok, actually upper example does work, but it does not work in some other situations; not sure right now exactly; Anyway, if anyone knows where to find latest boost patches, please give a link..

Advertisement
Quote:
But I do not know where can I find those fixed boost files that guy is talking about? Where do boost developers put they latest stuff?
As is common with many major open source type projects, they keep their code repositories open to the public (read only of course).

I think they have syncronized repositories under CVS and SVN (in which case prefer the SVN repo). Grab everything from trunk and you’re set to go.

In the off case you are unfamiliar with code repositories (you did ask this question...) google and wikipedia search on version control system and subversion. Once you understand the basic concept, download a program called TortoiseSVN. Then head over to http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ . The page tells you the information necessary to checkout from trunk.

And FWIW, I successfully compiled the necessary boost libraries (program_options, thread, test, etc.) under VS8 with SVN trunk. This was some many weeks ago I believe.

Thank you, I will check out latest versions as well.

I found exact problem, I think ptr_vector is non-copyable, because it makes that compiler error when I was trying to return ptr_vector from memeber functions. Stupid thing about that was - it crashed in boost code during compilation, so after I found that forum thread with the same error, I assumed it is boost fault.

*Maybe it is, I do not see a reason why it do not allow to copy ptr_vector object.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!