• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JorenJoestar

Texture Issues!

This topic is 3990 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody, I'm going on making my small game. My idea is to create an importer from 3DS file format, because I always used 3D studio and so I can model something and see in software! The problem is...I can import the geometries from 3DS files like: http://i101.imagethrust.com/images/2Pio/view-image/hydraslayerwireframe-01.html But there are two problem: is it correct that I can see through the object? The other great problem occurs when I'm trying to map something with a texture (done in 3D Studio, then exported): http://i114.imagethrust.com/images/2Pin/view-image/hydraslayertextureglitches-01.html I can still see through geometries! (Don't look at the brick map :p) Where's the big deal? Maybe a normal problem? I'm using my dx renderer for now, and in the file the faces are stored in unscrewed order, so I have to import in screwed order to correctly create geometries in dx...is correct? Thank you in advice, please help me! Gabriel Sassone

Advertisement
yeah try inverting all the normals, its hard to tell from those shots but you might be drawing the faces on the inside of the mesh rather than the outside. It looks like you have backface culling set up, so if it isnt a problem with the normals, do you have a z buffer?

Yes, I have the ZBuffer enabled and tried all different functions to calculate the pixel (D3DRS_ALWAYS, EQUAL, etc)...and also tried working on backface culling...but strange behaviour happened...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!