• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
OiNutter

Sprite rotation is showing edges

This topic is 3813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm having a problem rotating some sprites on the screen. I have 9 42x42 sprites in a png that is compiled in as a resource and their backgrounds are the same shade of blue as the background they are to be drawn upon. One would think that this would allow for their background to blend into the main background. It works fine, but as soon as I rotate them (even in multiples of 90 degrees) one or two of their edges show as lines that are usually 1 or 2 pixels wide and of a deeper shade of blue. THIS blue is not in the texture at all. So I tried using a hard edged brush to draw #FF00FF (my transparent) around the sprites, so that they are not rectangular anymore, but then the new edges show up in the same blue! What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!