Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

What is the name of artifact of Gouraud Shading?

This topic is 3986 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

When a 3D model is coarsely defined, vertex lighting (Gouraud Shading) will have problem to capture the change of lighting effect as the surface normals change too rapidly. I'm writing a artile about Gouraud Shading. Can anyone tell me what is the name of this artifact? (I remembered that it should have a technical name) Thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!