• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
americansiege4

Animation to game process

This topic is 3990 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need an tutorial of the process from rigging, skinning, texturing and all that stuff to how to actually move each individual part of the newly animated model from inside a game. If someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial or book that would go into great detail about this whole process, I would appreciate it very much. I am currently using C#/xna for this project so tutorials specified for those would be better, but c++ would work too as I am familiar with that as well. Also, I am using 3ds max or maya(I haven't decided which I want to animate in, but I model in 3ds max). Mainly I am foggy on the artistic part of the animating, with FK, IK, and all of that. As I said, any type of tutorial that insults the reader because it is so basic is probably what I'm looking for. Thanks

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!