Need help for SDL and Visual Studio C++

Started by
4 comments, last by hh10k 16 years, 3 months ago
Hello I've faced some problems with SDL and Visual Studio 2005. I've reinstalled windows recently and installed Visual Studio 2005 back again. I've also set up SDL headers so everything is OK. Now when I try to compile my project that before windows reinstall was working fine i get this error: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Review the manifest file for possible errors. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. For more details, please see the application event log I tried to create new project that would just open a window, and I still get the same. Please help me!
Advertisement
Did you put the SDL DLLs somewhere where your application can find them? (Ex: in the same directory as the application or somewhere on the PATH.)
I've put all the dlls into C:/Windows/system32
Make sure you have the latest version of visual studio with the latest service pack installed.

*points down*

I cover it all in tutorial 1.

Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials

i think its not about sdl.it says debugger is not running [msvc uses a service as debugger and it starts at boot ]
so after resterting computer it goes.or service is broken and this may require to reinstall the msvc.installing msvc 2008 is too fast. it comes configured unlike 2005.
© Loading... !!!
Please Wait...!
Try a dependency walker to find DLLs that aren't being found. I think this one is what I sometimes use.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement