• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jagguy2

car race

This topic is 3811 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

this is a different question than before i ask. q)if i want a 3d game with race track do i create the race track as a X file or do i have to create in a terrain generator with surface? i need the heights for the camera. q)the sky in the background is in a skybox or unit cube scaled up by say 500?

Advertisement
Id create the race track in something like 3ds max/maya, models it, texture it and lightmap it, then export it as an .x file into your engine.
Then add perhaps a per triangle physics solution to it.
The camera could be a simple 'look from behind' camera, so you only need to know the position and direction of the car to operate the camera.

A skybox is a cube.
You can also make a large hemisphere (bit harder to make the textures for though)

Quote:
Original post by rfterdarc

Then add perhaps a per triangle physics solution to it.
The camera could be a simple 'look from behind' camera, so you only need to know the position and direction of the car to operate the camera.
though)

what is a triangle physics solution to it? i am not sure what you mean. I thought it is difficult to get the height from a X file at a camera position.

i was told here you can get coordinates with a mesh from a X file but it is dfficult(i was told this here)). is that what he is talking about?

if the car goes over a hill then i need to know the height.

[Edited by - jagguy2 on January 14, 2008 5:02:59 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!