• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mindspin311

Untitled

This topic is 3990 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yeah, I ended up finding that after a little more research. Just put: srand((unsigned)time(NULL)); in the constructors and it works fine now. Still not sure what happened with randomize() being in the same package as random, but whatever. This works. Thanks anyways :)

Advertisement
srand should be called once at the beginning of your program. Do not call every time an object is constructed.

You do indeed only need to seed the randomiser once.

It also looks to me like you tried to reply to an existing thread but accidentally created a whole new one.

Quote:
Original post by ukdeveloper
It also looks to me like you tried to reply to an existing thread but accidentally created a whole new one.
And if that's the case, you can delete this thread by editing your first post and checking the "Delete this thread" checkbox above the icons.

Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Quote:
And if that's the case, you can delete this thread by editing your first post and checking the "Delete this thread" checkbox above the icons.

Except when people have replied. It's a catch-22. :-(

Quote:
Original post by TheUnbeliever
Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Quote:

Except when people have replied. It's a catch-22. :-(
Ah. I know you used to be able to delete threads even if they had pages and pages of replies [sad]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!