Grocery Store From Hell

Started by
4 comments, last by Symphonic 16 years, 3 months ago
The game is called Grocery Store from Hell, and you play as Shawn Demon, An ex-marine who is now working at the Foree Grocery on the corner of 12th and Main, next to Bobs Bait Shop. Your busy manning the register when suddenly a Portal to Hell opens up in the Candy Asile, right ontop of the Mars Bars. You dive behind the counter and push a button, to reveal Foree Grocerys regulation Armory hidden in the Cash register, you grab a hand full of guns, and a box of bullets, and head out to save the day. Each Food Section will be a Level, with the final stages being set in hell, which strangely looks like the BuyMore Next door. The Sequel Will be called Office From Hell, you play as Ex marine and Ex Grocery Store Worker Shawn Demon, when suddenly a portal to all things evil opens up Inside the Copier, and a ugly thing pops out, and steals your Staplr, and you belives he has it. Natrually all manner of other things come out, and you have to save the office of Munder Hifflen from Demons, and other evil tings. The Oneliner of this game happens to be "I belive you have my stapler (obscenity)!" Which you scream as you start emptying a clip into the litte (obscenity) that stole your staplr. You happen to have A gun stashed in every Cubicle, Okthis game is full of nods to other games, and Movies and such, but it's basicly a top down shooter, I want your guys opionion on the story and if it's a good idea, It's mostly an excuse to shoot things Features -A Civilian Protection System, Find the Civis before there Killed, and try to get them to the Exit (for bonuses) -A wide Range of Weapons from A Cricket Bat to a SAW Machine Gun I don't know what Else I should add, maybe a Particle Blood System? Any Ideas, Story Critects(sp I know..) would be really helpfull [Edited by - Darkbiship on January 14, 2008 1:32:13 PM]
"Are you trying to tell me that I can dodge bullets?"-Neo
Advertisement
I like it. I was about to nail you for the "ex-marine" cliche then I saw the rest of your story. Its funny. I like it.
Have you been sniffing toner while watching Evil Dead by any chance?
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Nope I was watching the Blood and Ice Cream Trioigy (Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, wikipedia Blood and Ice Cream to find out what I'm talking about) and I just got thinking, one of the main jokes is that your gonna keep on aquiring new jobs, so you mgiht end up being an ex marine,ex grocery store worker, ex Office Worker, and ex Social Studies School teacher. Whilst killing demons just because you can.

What other features should there be
"Are you trying to tell me that I can dodge bullets?"-Neo
Include some small dumb demon that can swarm around you, and attacks in packs of 8 or more. Should you drop their numbers to 4 or less, they scatter, and each go looking for more of their kind (or one of anything larger than them that isn't going to kill them)

The little guys will remember roughly where you were, and if they collect 8 into a group they'll go hunting for you (and gather more of their kind along the way) meaning if you come across any, you MUST kill them or they'll come back to haunt you later.

Now, to make things really fun, include a remote controlled explosive + bottle of glue + Flashing red light,... Should you see a hoard of them coming and one of them happens to be blinking,...
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
I like it!

I have a nit to pick though, if this is a top-down, how is an isle in a grocery store an interesting level, I should think the whole store should be a level.

If you can, consider making it more of a seamless or large environment game than a level/by/level game (consider Aquaria) Where, they've managed to blockade the candy isle so you have to fight your way to the manager's office to get the key to the freezers so you can break through the isle divider.

ditto talroth's little buggers, great idea!

EDIT: Previw page before subit!

[Edited by - Symphonic on January 21, 2008 4:29:32 AM]
Geordi
George D. Filiotis

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement