• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ID Merlin

Millions of free Tree models in OBJ format

This topic is 3813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This looks really incredible, and the price is very right: Dryad. Quote from the home page: Dryad lets you intuitively create beautiful trees for your virtual world or game. In Dryad, you create a tree by visually navigating to it through a design space: the space of all trees. This space has close to a hundred dimensions and Dryad lets you move around it as if it were a city map. To help you find your way, Dryads around the world communicate to share which trees were picked in the past. A collaborative mapping of the tree space emerges, which your Dryad uses to gently steer you towards high-quality finds. We call this collaborative design space exploration.

Advertisement
Excellent find. I'll take a look at it later, though from looking at the screen shots some of the trees may need a retexturing. But overall, very nice for freeware.

Rating ++

Bad news, this software is not useful unless you're going for prerendered stuff. Even though he mentions using the trees for games, when i imported a test tree into 3ds max it had a total tri count of 634,000. A little too high for a game asset :-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!