Loading object

Started by
4 comments, last by V-man 16 years, 3 months ago
I have to make a OpenGl project in Visual Studio. I have to load 2 object(.obj) a table and a glass . I have to make the glass moving on the table. HELP PLEASE! Thanks.
Advertisement
With what part do you need help?

Do you know how to program yet? And how well do you know OpenGL? If not, either try the Game Programming Gem books or the nehe tutorials(But only if you have a solid background on programming in C/C++ yet).

First step is to initialize an OpenGL environment, then to load the objects and show them on screen. Once you know how to display them, it's a matter of transforming them in the world to get what you need.

Toolmaker

Can you make me that program?I'm a beginner and i don't know.
I can give you my 2 objects.
Please give me your yahoo mesenger id and we will thak.
Quote:Original post by makaveli

It doesn't work like this on GameDev. This is probably a homework assignment(So it sounds), and because it might be homework, we can't do that. Apart from that, why would we spend hours on writing a program for a stranger?

Here on GDNet we're willing to give you hints on how to solve the problem, but we're not going to do it for you. You will have to do research on your own, try things out, read a lot, try some more and eventually you'll succeed. That's how it works in life anyway.

You won't learn anything valueable if you let others do the work for you.

Toolmaker

It looks like you have at least three threads going on this topic (maybe more - I didn't check all the forums). If this is your first time posting on an internet forum you may not have known this, but it's generally considered poor form to cross post (and in any case, it's against the rules on these forums).

It's very, very unlikely that anyone will make your program for you unless you pay them. Now, if this is homework, and you have no idea where to start or how to proceed with the project, then either the curriculum is flawed, or you just haven't been doing the work. Can you tell us any more about the situation? Where are you in your education? What are you studying? What's the class called? Who gave you the assignment? We can't do your homework for you, but we can at least point you in the right direction.
Quote:Original post by makaveli

Howcome you don't want to do it yourself?
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement