• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Trycast

Family MMORPG Project - HELP NEEDED!!

This topic is 3901 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok umm i know c++ and i wanna make an mmorpg err i have a godo idea of what i wanna use in the mmorpg i will use c++ and i will need graphics and sounds and musics heres my design document below i wrote it out coz i remembered just about everything this idea has actually been sticking in my mind for a long time now xD name: family mmorpg project desc: yeah the name is family mmorpg project, no its not a mmorpg for a family to play! i just like the name lol player can level up player can get xp player can earn gold gold is earned by woodcutting, farming, fighting (aka grinding) you can also mine and cook and other things for food too :D im gonna have about 30 skills for the game, each unique and thorough im gonna use 3d graphics i will need lots and lots of sounds and musics i want it to be unhackable i dont wanna use a game maker for it, i will just use c++ players can marry players can have sex yeah and some other things lol (dont really wanna say) :P there will be many ways to make money there will be 3 currencies in game: paen, duch, and wok the plural of wok is wokz, not woks when player lvls up he gains xp and he can use new armor and weapons when player lvls up the xp is harder to gain there is no max lvl, u can go up to lvl 1000 and still keep grinding, just that it will be really hard lol there will be monsters of every lvl tons and tons of quests o and 1 more thing the game must not lag coz i want it to be like really good and profesonal looking and then later i can charge say 20 dollars a month to play and i was hoping to get some money from this o and idk about customer support ill just do all the customer support by myself if anyone wants to help me then u can but im not paying u and u have to work for free and my friends cant do itfor me coz i have no friends ya thats my design document plz comment on it and i hope for responses soon kthxbai -treecats

Advertisement
Do you know a game library like Directx? You are going to need to do a lot of work, whole teams of programmers, artists, designers, and sound engineers might work for months creating a basic mmorpg. If you just want to make a bit of cash I suggest doing a practical project or getting employed for a company like EA or Blizzard.

The game you described seems to be very similiar to a few games already out on the market including:
Second Life
World of Warcraft

Check out these two games if you don't already know about them, many people worked on creating and keeping these games running.

Look, to be blunt, you don't know C++ and you're not even within a far sight of being capable of making an MMO. You've got another thread going in which you didn't even know that you can't try to put stuff into a null pointer, even Pong is out of arms reach for you right now.

Keep learning to code. Learn it well, learn it right. Given your code in the other thread you need to be concentrating on syntax, logic, structure, coding style and the standard libraries before you're even ready to move on to third-party libraries like Direct3D, OpenGL or SDL.

Be clear that I'm not attempting to be discouraging, only to give you a reality check. If your goal is that this be a learning experience, then consider trying to form a C++ study group instead.

I assume this is a joke, because it's so perfectly cliche. But, if it isn't, you've got to realize a few things. I'm not trying to be overly harsh here, I just want to make you realize that you've got a long way to go before you work on something like this, and that some more realistic goals are in order.

Quote:

ok umm i know c++

No you don't.

Quote:

heres my design document below

That's not a design document.

Take a step back, learn a language to the point where you are really proficient with it, write some (much) smaller games to get a feel for how game development works, then reevaluate if you really want to undertake this project at all.

This topic is 3901 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.