• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EmrldDrgn

Can't Find OpenGL Libraries

This topic is 3905 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just downloaded Visual C++ Express '08 on a fresh Windows install and now I cannot find GL.lib, GL.h, OpenGL32.dll, etc. etc. Aren't they supposed to be included with the compiler? And shouldn't I be able to find them somewhere? I've been Google-ing for the past half an hour...

Advertisement
Are you sure you are looking for the right libraries? When programming OpenGL programs I believe you have to link with opengl32.lib and glu32.lib. And you have to #include <gl/gl.h>. I don't know how it is for vc2k8 express edition, but to program windows applications on vc2k5 express edition it was required to download and install windows Platform SDK.

Yes, I know. I had all the proper libraries on my old laptop, and as I recall they were pretty easy to get... opengl.org, I believe. For some reason, I'm not finding them... anywhere. I've already installed the Windows Platform SDK, as well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!