• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
doudou

DirectX 9: XBOX360 vs Win32

This topic is 3807 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
yeah there is, its called the d3dx library:

you want the D3DXMatrix*() functions, look at the documentation that came with the sdk for more info.

D3DXMATRIX
D3DXMatrixIdentity
D3DXMatrixLookAtLH
D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH

All should take exactly the same parameters as the XM ones do, except the last 2 want a pointer to a matrix for their first parameter.

Are X360 developers even allowed to discuss the API under their NDA?

Quote:
Original post by MJP
My question is, who hires a coder to work on Xbox who can't figure out such simple stuff on their own?

Quote:
Original post by MJP
I doubt it. But I doubt listing a few functions would be that bad (Although personally I wouldn't risk it)

Quote:
Original post by Promit
My question is, who hires a coder to work on Xbox who can't figure out such simple stuff on their own?
He could be an intern or something. But I do agree that searching in the DX docs would have gotten him the answer quicker than he could type it and post it here.

For example; going to the DX docs on my machine (June 2007), and typing "identity matrix" into the search tab gives D3DXMatrixIdentity as the 21st result, and D3DXMatrixTransformation as the first result - which should hint at the naming convention and let you search for D3DXMatrixIdentity; or click "Locate" to get a full list of the D3DX math functions.

First, are you using C# and XNA. If so, disregard the following.

Quote:
Original post by MJP

No, this is a violation. This question should be directed to the XDK Microsoft forums. doudou, I urge you to read over your NDA and delete this thread. However, if you are using XNA in C#, you should make sure this thread makes that fact clear.

This topic is 3807 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.