DirectX 9: XBOX360 vs Win32

Started by
7 comments, last by jpetrie 16 years, 3 months ago
To be deleted. [Edited by - doudou on January 15, 2008 12:59:52 PM]
Advertisement
yeah there is, its called the d3dx library:

you want the D3DXMatrix*() functions, look at the documentation that came with the sdk for more info.
if (*pYou == ASSHOLE) { pYou->Die(); delete pYou; };
D3DXMATRIX
D3DXMatrixIdentity
D3DXMatrixLookAtLH
D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH

All should take exactly the same parameters as the XM ones do, except the last 2 want a pointer to a matrix for their first parameter.
Are X360 developers even allowed to discuss the API under their NDA?
Quote:Original post by MJP
My question is, who hires a coder to work on Xbox who can't figure out such simple stuff on their own?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I doubt it. But I doubt listing a few functions would be that bad (Although personally I wouldn't risk it)

Quote:Original post by Promit
My question is, who hires a coder to work on Xbox who can't figure out such simple stuff on their own?
He could be an intern or something. But I do agree that searching in the DX docs would have gotten him the answer quicker than he could type it and post it here.

For example; going to the DX docs on my machine (June 2007), and typing "identity matrix" into the search tab gives D3DXMatrixIdentity as the 21st result, and D3DXMatrixTransformation as the first result - which should hint at the naming convention and let you search for D3DXMatrixIdentity; or click "Locate" to get a full list of the D3DX math functions.
First, are you using C# and XNA. If so, disregard the following.

No, this is a violation. This question should be directed to the XDK Microsoft forums. doudou, I urge you to read over your NDA and delete this thread. However, if you are using XNA in C#, you should make sure this thread makes that fact clear.
===========================";" is the best key ever; you can use it to end lines when you are too lazy to use ENTER;
Okay, so my concern is now this: given the history of your posts doudou - are you now working for a licensed developer that has a legitimate XDK?

I guess there's no reason to leave this open, is there?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement