Web based Game!

Started by
0 comments, last by shadowisadog 16 years, 3 months ago
Well i wanted to do a game in a browser now there are some things one could do this with. One being Flash witch seem far to awkward for me to use as i am used to just staring at code for prolonged hours on end and then there was Java witch i cant seem to find a compiler for or at least not anything i reconzie as a compiler. Anyways need less to say i want to do a multi player online browser based game using a graphical environment can anyone recommend anything for doing so or know where i can find a java compiler any cons and pros to one or another feel free to state it. Anways thats the jist of it as i sead i want to stay away from flash as it just seems clumbsy to me. Regards XainFaith
Advertisement
Just off the top of my head if you want to make Java stuff then Net Beans is a good choice. It is not "graphical" as you still have to know programming.

Then there is Flex 2 SDK and Flash Develop

Although this is purely coding and more designed for applications then games.

Then there is Multimedia Fusion 2 which can built Vitalize! and Java based apps (currently in beta) as well as screensavers and exe apps (Although the exe stuff only runs on windows and the IDE is windows based only).

Another popular and cheap flash alternative is Swish Max 2. Personally I wanted to work in AS3 and so this product was not my cup of tea, however it might have it's uses.

Oh and be sure to check out Silverlight I have not played with it yet, however it appears to be fairly cool. Although I am not sure how suited it is for developing games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement