can't access my repository at OpenSVN

Started by
1 comment, last by dphoenix 16 years, 3 months ago
Good afternoon, A few hours ago I created a project on OpenSVN. I set myself up to have access privileges with a username and password. Then, I went into TortoiseSVN and tried to do a checkout. I used the URL given to me in the project settings. When I tried that, I got an error that said "PROPFIND request failed." I then tried again, changing the prefix in the server URL from http: to svn:. That time I got an error saying "no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." My firewall is off. Now I believe that at some point, I was supposed to be asked for my username and password, right? Maybe that's why it's not letting me connect? Because I don't see anything asking me for that info. I've done a search for other posts about this topic, but nobody else seems to have had this issue. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!
Advertisement
Have you accessed repositories at OpenSVN requiring authentication before? And, if so, did you choose to save the credentials with TSVN? Did it prompt you for your username/password when you tried to checkout/import? I've had issues in the past where, when accessing different repositories from the same host, TSVN will just choose one set of credentials and use that for everything, even when you have different logins to the separate repositories. I honestly haven't found a way around this (there's probably an option somewhere), but an easy way to see if this is your problem is to clear TSVN's saved credentials (TSVN > Settings > Saved Data > Authentication Data > Clear).
Quote:Original post by Mushu
Have you accessed repositories at OpenSVN requiring authentication before? And, if so, did you choose to save the credentials with TSVN? Did it prompt you for your username/password when you tried to checkout/import? I've had issues in the past where, when accessing different repositories from the same host, TSVN will just choose one set of credentials and use that for everything, even when you have different logins to the separate repositories. I honestly haven't found a way around this (there's probably an option somewhere), but an easy way to see if this is your problem is to clear TSVN's saved credentials (TSVN > Settings > Saved Data > Authentication Data > Clear).

Hi Mushu,

I haven't accessed any other repositories or been asked for any credentials before, while using this computer. I'm working on a fairly new laptop, and I just installed TSVN yesterday, so today was my first shot at accessing a repository :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement