[XNA] One Week Pong

Started by
1 comment, last by Metorical 16 years, 3 months ago
Hey everyone. Recently I realized I really needed to get my act in gear and try to produce a game/demo that I could place in my portfolio for future job positions I apply for. Anyways, everyone keeps telling me to do Pong and I keep saying it's too easy. I've caved and started my quick Pong project yesterday evening. I'm keeping a daily 'blog' on my site with images and I'm going to see how far I can get in a week of programming (I go back to school this coming Sun). So far there's about 6 hours into the project (that's including image and content creation). I'd like any comments you may have on it, you can find the posts and images at: http://matt.insidegamer.org Granted you can't test the game yet, but please be gentle on the image flaming, I'm sorry I'm a programmer and not and artist :p Feel free to comment on the colors including suggestions though, all constructive criticism welcome. Finally, while it is sort of a Pong clone, I'm adding a whole other element that I have yet to post about on the site that will take up a good portion of the rest of the week, see if you can guess what it is! (Hint: There's a reason the game will auto save).

=============================RhinoXNA - Easily start building 2D games in XNA!Projects

Advertisement
Congrats on your first game! For programmer art, it really looks quite nice. I'm going to guess there is an RPG element to your pong?

You've just taken your first step into a larger world. :D

I was a bit worried by the title "One Week Pong" but having looked at your site I can see you made a really polished version, good work!

I loved your comment on your blog about your code being a mess and in the wrong classes etc... if you think that's wrong try putting it in a OCX button and then manipulate other OCX objects for the bats and balls in about 20 lines of code - evil!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement