• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
justujo

Untitled

This topic is 3990 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody, After discussion a problem on mine on another thread,I think I better rephrase my problem. Given: A 3D model M and three point ids A,B,C of three points in the model M.The coordinates of all points in M are defined in global coordinate system. Problem: I want to define another coordinate system having its origin on point A.Then I need to express the coordinates of all points in M in terms of new coordinate system.Motivation is to find a representation of the geometry of points for a given model which is rotation invariant (doesnt change with rotation). My effort: I tried to define an orthogonal basis comprising vectors AB,X1 and X2 where X1 and X2 are orthogonal to each other and AB.Then I used standard change of basis technique by solving a linear system of equation as mentioned at http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=479364 The direction of axes of the new coordinate system seem to be ok but the origin of new coordinate system doesnt lie on A, rather it co-incides with the origin of global coordinate system,I guess. I need your thoughts on this issue please, This is driving me nuts now :( Best Regards, Justujo

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!