SlimDX - D3D10 Font

Started by
1 comment, last by djr 16 years, 3 months ago
Hi This is a question for the SlimDX devs regarding the font support in D3D10 that has just been added to SVN. When I looked for font support and it wasn't there I created it myself from the SlimDX D3D9 implementation because they're practically the same in the unmanaged world but the official D3D10 version thats been added didn't do the same and I'm just curious as to why? Most notable is the change in the constructor so where in D3D9 you have: Font( Device^ device, int height, int width, FontWeight weight, int mipLevels, bool italic, CharacterSet characterSet, Precision outputPrecision, FontQuality quality, PitchAndFamily pitchAndFamily, String^ faceName ); with enumerations for CharacterSet, FontQuality etc in D3D10 we've just got ints: Font( Device^ device, int height, int width, int weight, int mipLevels, bool isItalic, int characterSet, int outputPrecision, int quality, int pitchAndFamily, String^ faceName ); The D3D9 version is IMHO far preferable, is it just a case that font support was quickly hacked in and this is going to be amended or is there some other reason? Cheers Daz
Advertisement
Oops, that was an oversight on my part. I can check in a fix this afternoon.

In the mean time, the enums that you'd use for the D3D9 version can be used in the appropriate places in the D3D10 version. What I will probably do to fix the issue is push those enums down into the Direct3D namespace rather than duplicate them for D3D9 and D3D10.
Excellent, thanks for that! It seemed a tad weird that it was at odds with the way the rest of it has been implemented.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement