Odd flipping problem

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 6 months ago
Hmm.. Maybe you could post your fliping code.

--TheGoop

Advertisement
this may sound stupid, but try it anyhow (it's happened to me before).

try bltting to BOTH surfaces before flipping.

~queasy.

Jonathan Makqueasy gamesgate 88[email=jon.mak@utoronto.ca]email[/email]
Well, I got it working... Heh! The reason being that I blit the whole background picture to the foreground, without telling Blt to wait. Therefore, I'm guessing it just wasn't done blitting by the time I called Flip... But thanks for your help you 2 anyways...

By the way, my flipping code is...
lpddsPrimary->Flip(NULL, DDFLIP_WAIT);

If that would have helped... And what do you mean blit both surfaces at once?

Well, thanx for both your replies anyways!

Hi, I'm having a problem with DirectDraw when flipping from the front buffer to the back buffer, it's hard to explain what happens, but it flips the image half the time, or so it seems, and things only seem to be drawn on the front buffer, and not the backbuffer, making them look transparent when they flip.

The weird thing is, this only happens when I have enough video memory to hold the front buffer and the back buffer. For example, I have an ATI 3d Expression with 4 megs of video ram. When I make the front and back surfaces 800x600x24, there isn't enough video memory for the backbuffer, and it looks fine, although slow... When I make it 800x600x16, however, there IS enough memory, and it presents me with the odd problem. If I were to flip the surfaces by blitting the backbuffer ONTO the front buffer, it looks fine. HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, THANX!!!

no i meant blt one, and then the other...

i had the problem a real *real* long time ago when i first started out with dx. Heh, heh... i remembered how perplexed i was when i fixed it

Jonathan Makqueasy gamesgate 88[email=jon.mak@utoronto.ca]email[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement