XNA - How to separate rendering from the message loop thread?

Started by
1 comment, last by alphatrak 16 years, 2 months ago
I don't know if this is even possible but, I have an XNA windows game that runs in a window (not a fullscreen window), and the behavior that I would like is that, when I click the title bar with the mouse, I would like the game to keep rendering/playing. As is, when clicking the mouse down on the title bar, the Update and Draw functions are no longer called, halting the game in it's tracks. Is there a way to put update/draw in a separate thread than the message loop? Or is there another way this can be accomplished? Or is this something beyond XNA entirely? Seems like it should be possible since in an online game, allowing everything to stop for some time could result in several issues, including loss of connection. Sorry if this has been answered before. I couldn't find a similar post via search. Thanks
Advertisement
You couldn't find an answer because this is a DirectX forum, and XNA Game Studio is a different product. I'd suggest that you take a look at the XNA Forums at Microsoft.
I realize I should post in Microsoft's Forums. Guess that Sticky titled "XNA - NeHe style (Projects 1 - 10) Source Code" (written by moderator JWalsh) doesn't belong in this forum either. Thanks anyway.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement