playing multiple sound in c#

Started by
2 comments, last by gan 16 years, 2 months ago
i'm just a beginner in c# but i already programmed a few ones..lately, i was dealing with c# 's PlaySound() and i have a hard time playing mulitple wave files concurrently..anyone who can give me even the simplest code for the matter just for a hint?? thanks much!!
Advertisement
I'm not sure what you mean by C#'s PlaySound(); the only one I can find is the Win32 API call, where passing SND_ASYNC will return instantly. I'm not sure if this will let you play multiple sounds at once, though.

FMOD Ex is an excellent sound library with a lot of documentation and a wrapper for easy use in C#.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryvesI'm not sure if this will let you play multiple sounds at once, though.

Unfortunately, no. PlaySound is really intended for simple playback although I remember seeing where people were using threading to play individual sounds simultaneously.
C#? Have you tried SoundPlayer Class ? I think this is wrapper of WIN API that benryves mentioned, with the capability of asynchronous load or play .

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement