Game Design Blog

Started by
2 comments, last by Kurlumbenus 16 years, 2 months ago
Hey Guys, Just thought I'd let you know about this new blog I'm writing entitled- 'I want to be a game designer'. I am currently 18 from England and applying for universities and the blog chronicles my journey as I try to make into the computer games industry. So far I have applied for computer games courses and have had a few interviews, which I talk about in the blog. I am writing it because, I want to help people in my position and also just to tell my story. I hope it is something people will be able to relate to and I also want to let people know about things I have learnt on the path so far, and wherever possible, offer advice on things such as What GSCE and A Level courses to look at choosing. These are all things I wanted advice on when I was making these decisions, but couldn't really get any help, and so I want to help others. I was hoping for your opinion on it, wether it is helpful or not. Also if you could get the message about this blog out to people who may be interested or seek advice, or just want to hear the story of my journey to becoming a game designer that would be great. http://www.iwanttobeagamedesigner.blogspot.com Thanks For Reading, Tenacious Stu
Advertisement
Holy moley! I spent the whole morning setting one up, thinking that I'd done something rare and here I find almost exactly the same case (albeit the other side of the world)! My blog is http://enigmaticog.blogspot.com/ stop by and we can lament together...
Track my game design odyssey at "enigmaticog.blogspot.com"
Quite a few very similar blogs are scattered throughout the internet, though many are blogged by people on this very site. Heck, in my GDnet+journal, I recounted a good portion of the things I did to get my current game designer job. If you start reading through the Journals you'll find quite a few like minded people [wink]
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Yeah, I've been setting up a blog following my progress as an indie hobbyist. This is more of a "watch me learn to make a game" deal than anything else.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement