Web Wars (Game Idea)

Started by
1 comment, last by crazysk8er 16 years, 2 months ago
I'm not sure if this should go in the Game Design forum or not, but since i'm not actually at the right skill level to create it yet, I decided to put this here. I'm sorry for any inconvenience to caused to Moderators if I've posted in the wrong section. This is a little game I hope to make sometime within the next 1-3 months, depending on how much free time I have to learn. Since I've just started learning C++ this week, I don't have high expectations. At the moment I'm attempting to make a Pong game, to help grasp better game-making concepts. This game is intended to be just for personal fun, mainly for my brothers to play, and I would just like to know if you would play it or not. Basically, is it a good idea for a playable game, or a bad idea for a crappy game? (Note that this is a very rough draft) Gameplay It will be turn-based, and 2-3 players should be able to play on the same computer. Each player starts out as a major corporations website (ex: Apple, Google, Microsoft), and has 1 lawyer, 1 programmer, 1 hacker, and 1 executive. The lawyers have defensive capabilities. Their jobs are to help protect your website from lawsuits by other players, the more you have, the lower you will pay in event of losing a lawsuit, and you have increased percentage of winning lawsuits. Programmers are also defensive. These help guard your website from enemy hackers, and increase your odds of discovering them before they do any harm. Programmers also have the ability to expand your website, and strengthen its defensives. Your hackers are offensive. You use them to break into other companies websites and steal vital data, which strengthens your site and weakens theirs. Using hackers is risky though, as it makes you more susceptible to lawsuits. Executives bring in the income. The more of these you have, the greater your income. These also raise your buy-out amount, making it more difficult for players to buy your corporation. However, they decrease the effectiveness of programmers and lawyers, so be sure you can afford to have them. The ultimate goal of the game is to take over the opposing companies websites, either by destroying them by hackers, or by buying them out. Each company has a set amount at which they can be bought, but this increases as they gain executives. A companys "hitpoints" is its defenses, which are raised by programmers. Lawsuits cost 5 lawyers apiece, and you can only do one once an enemy hacker is discovered trying to break into your site. Lawsuits cost the opposing company large amounts of money, and you gain money in doing one. However, your lawsuit can fail, leaving you with much less money than before, and your opposition with more. (Lawsuits still need a ton of work) /Gameplay I am well aware that this is not very well thought out at this point, but I think it has nice potential. All feedback/comments/criticisms are welcomed with open arms. Thank you for your time.
Advertisement
Sounds a lot like Tom Clancy's Ruthless.com. It might help having a look at that game to see if you can borrow some ideas.
Btw. the game wasn't all that entertaining, so there is a lot of room for improvement.
My Blog
I've honestly never seen that before. This was only one of a bunch of ideas though, I guess I'll ditch this and move onto some others.

Thanks for telling me :]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement