[Unpaid] GameDevTalk.com - Common Sense Needed (Game design knowledge a plus!)

Started by
12 comments, last by Maginomicon 16 years, 1 month ago
@Mods: This seemed the most appropriate place to put this. Please move it if necessary. WANTED: Non-fanboy non-elitist gamers with an open mind and a knack for common sense. Knowledge of game design principles a plus! Site Type: Focus Group Positions Available: TBD Pay: None Myself and a couple of the people from my Uni's Game Development Club are in the process of designing a website focused explicitly on game design aspect discussion. Unlike the billion other websites of this type you've seen out there, we actually have brains. (Surprising, isn't it) Hosting and initial construction is complete, however it is desirable to have as many people involved with discussion of the site's design and further construction as feasibly possible. Going where the gamers are didn't get anything but retarded fanboys, so we opted to go where the game developers are instead. Webdesign is not an issue. Post here if you're interested in participating in this project. (That's right, I'm not posting a link) [EDIT] The site has been implemented to a satisfactory level. http://www.GameDevTalk.com Please be sure at the very least to read the forum rules. [/EDIT] [Edited by - Maginomicon on February 27, 2008 12:22:06 AM]
I am the Maginomicon.I will get into the game industry,There's nothing that can stand against me,For I have the [SIZE="4"]invulnerable dream.
Advertisement
if its a new game development forum im interested send me a pm!
I'm interested in what you guys might have to offer. Send me a PM - that's right, I'm not posting an email address ;)
Can you get a little more specific about this website will be like?
Quote:Original post by Taterpeel
Can you get a little more specific about this website will be like?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

I can't be much more specific without letting slip what our current plans are. The only thing I can tell you is right now the highest priority is to contact as many gamers as possible that meet the simple requirements stated above.
I am the Maginomicon.I will get into the game industry,There's nothing that can stand against me,For I have the [SIZE="4"]invulnerable dream.
I mean, will it be mainly a forum, or will there be a significant "actual website" portion as well? Will it be for tutorials? Etc..?
Quote:Original post by Taterpeel
I mean, will it be mainly a forum, or will there be a significant "actual website" portion as well? Will it be for tutorials? Etc..?

There will be an actual website. At first, most of the site will consist of a wiki for content and a forum for discussion of that content (both of which I have prior administrative experience with, don't worry) If necessary, I'm perfectly capable of constructing a "mainsite" separate from those, as I have a decent amount of experience with PHP/mySQL.
The site has been implemented to a satisfactory level.

http://www.GameDevTalk.com

Please be sure at the very least to read the modified section of the forum registration agreement.

[Edited by - Maginomicon on February 8, 2008 10:19:34 AM]
My common sense tells me that the link in your last post is broken.

I'll check the site when I get home, though. Despite the overly secretive behaviour, it does sound interesting. ;)
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
The site's been updated slightly to include more recent information and an improved layout. (as opposed to not having any kind of ordered "news" box with new info)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement