question

Started by
2 comments, last by opengluser101 16 years, 2 months ago
hi there, im new here and i would like to ask a question. Im looking for a cheap open gl card that can use solid works 08. I will only use it rarely/ occasionally. and nothing too advanced so nothing high end. also can open gl cards play all standard games? sorry if there is in the wrong forum. best regards tom
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by opengluser101
hi there,
im new here and i would like to ask a question. Im looking for a cheap open gl card that can use solid works 08. I will only use it rarely/ occasionally. and nothing too advanced so nothing high end.

also can open gl cards play all standard games?
sorry if there is in the wrong forum.
best regards
tom

I have no idea of what Solid Works is, but any new ATI/NVIDIA card you can buy today is OpenGL 1.5-2.0 / Direct3D 9-10.1 compatible (I guess the same applies to the integrated cards, since they are becoming increasingly advanced).

Does your "standard games" make use of OpenGL?
If they do, then yes, but otherwise you need a Direct3D version X compatible card (where X is probably ranging from 8 to 10).
If you play Windows games, todays games (unfortunately) mostly only make use of Direct3D 9 (DirectX 9), which any decent card should be able to handle (although the FPS might be a bit low in newer games :) ).
There is no such thing as a opengl card. All vendors (Intel, SIS, nvidia, ati, XGI) offer a certain level of support for D3D and GL. So depending on GPU features, it might offer GL 2.1

Solid works is CAD. Check their requirements website.

Personally, I would get a nvidia 6, 7 or 8 series since they have the best GL drivers. They are best in performance as well, IMO.
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);
sorry for the late reply. Thanks alot

tom

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement