intermidate users need help starting project =)

Started by
10 comments, last by King of Men 16 years, 2 months ago
Thanks everyone for your great replies and all the help. Looks like we are going to start off with a 3-d sidescroller. Its going to be hard and, it seems like i'll be posting here a lot.

We are going to be using ogre since it looks nice enough and we have heard nothing but good things about it.

And thanks to King of Men for the forum tips lol. I've never been good at grammar but ill certainly try t get better if it means more replies.
Advertisement
You are welcome. :)

I do have a question: Why are you making your side-scroller 3D? It seems to me that you have here an inherently 2D medium, and are imposing 3D on it just to use 3D. If you're doing it to gain experience with Ogre / 3D in general, that's perfectly reasonable, especially if you can recycle some of the old sidescroller code that your friend apparently has. But if you're doing it as a cool feature that will add value to your game, you may want to stop and rethink that.
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement