wglShareLists on Intel 965 fails

Started by
2 comments, last by BuffaloJ 16 years, 2 months ago
Hi All, I am having problems getting texturing to work in my application when I run it on an HP pavillion with the x1300 intel graphics adapter(the Intel 965 chipset) and Windows Vista Home Prem. The app works fine on nVidia and ATI cards with Intel.. I tracked back the problem and it's that wglShareLists fails. The error code doesn't make much sense and I can't look it up so I have no idea why it fails. I have seen numerous posts online of other people having the same problems so I figure this is a driver issue. Any thoughts?
Advertisement
If you are calling wglShareLists before you create any resources like textures, VBOs, disaplay lists, shaders, FBO, PBO, then it should work.

Quote:The app works fine on nVidia and ATI cards with Intel

Not sure what you mean by "with Intel"
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);
thanks V-man,
I tried out what you suggested and got mixed results. I tried creating another render context for the same window handle right after I created the first one and it did not fail.

I tried creating the inital render context and then creating a new window and creating another render context immediately afterwards and that failed as well.

As far as the "and ATI cards with Intel" part, that was a bleary eyed typo:)
oh yeah, also, even if it did work were I could share RCs before I create any textures or certain other assests, it wouldn't do me any good. I am drawing opengl into multiple windows for a desktop application and not all the windows are created at the time I grab the first RC.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement