Sign in to follow this  
adam4813

Code named: Project Z

Well its been a long month for me, and I have gotten quite abit done. I present to you My Blog. I have been working on this game engine for roughly a month now (closer to 3 weeks of working a few hours a night on it). I have gotten alot done with my spare time and on my own. The demo links don't work as of right now due to my web server being under maintenance. My engine so far has several rather robust features including: *Sprites and animation for them *Tile-based movement *Collision detection on a per tile basis *Diagonal movement with collision detection *Keyboard and XBox 360 controller input *Customizable dialog system *Map loading from external files made with my Map Builder tool (old tool) *Sprite movement along a waypoint system *Multiple tile layers for extra detail *32x32 32bit color tiles can be used *Scripting engine with built in variables and runtime define variables *Additional scripting actions through DLLs (not yet implemented but framework is in place) *plus more...(I couldn't think of more to list, but I am sure there are some more.) Thats its for now check my blog for some more info and videos I have posted. I tend to update my blog with a new demo once a weekend if not more often. After my next demo release I will begin alpha testing the engine and being working on completing my Editor tool to allow map creation. My Blog My YouTube page Any positive comments or suggestions would be appreciated. **Disclaimer** All images used (minus the dialog graphic ff3.png) are free GPL images released for free commercial use. I make no claim in creating these images nor do I claim ownership, but I do claim legal licensing with them and as such use them freely. The dialog graphic is not however a free graphics and is taken from a RPG Maker system graphic I found somewhere on the internet.

Just an update to say the website is working again and demos can be downloaded.

I realized I forgot some information in my last port. The whole engine is written from the ground up in C++ using Win32 API and DirectX. The current map file format is a custom human-readable text file. All tiles right now are 32x32 with support built in to use any size tile with changing two values. Maps can have their own tile sizes as well so one map could be 32x32 and another could be 16x16 and another could even be 64x64. The dialog boxes will automatically scale depending on the size and the border size provided.

Sign in to follow this