Sign in to follow this  
supwoofer

d3dx9.h The symbol 'D3DXMatrixRotationX' is not defined.

I realize this is more of a configuration problem with my Visual Studio .NET 2003 and possibly with the installation of DirectX 9 SDK. Basically, whenever I right click on a function that I know to work after building the project and seeing everything run, well I click on Go to Definition to try to see the information on the function or parameters that it takes. On every function that comes out of d3dx9.h I receive a "The symbol 'blah blah blah' is not defined". I realize it's not so much a matter of whether DirectX is working or not, it's obviously working. I know it's a configuration error. I just like the IntelliSense that Visual Studio is supposed to provide. What can I do to get it working again?

Intellisense's fucked up again. At home where I use VS Express, I have resigned myself to that situation, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At work, I luckily use visual assist so it doesn't bother me too much. Sorry that I can be of no help :)

I made a small sample app that called D3DXMatrixRotation, but I couldn't get it to find the definition either. Initially I thought it was because you were looking for a definition and not a declaration. Since the method is in a precompiled library, you would only be able to find the declaration. I agree with the previous poster and say that it is probably Intellisense messing up. Like him, I use VisualAssist.

As a side note, I can usually get Intellisense to work again if I recompile and give it a few seconds to breathe, but that didn't work in this case.