10% off! Tsaiko: The Taiko Drum Library

Started by
7 comments, last by Jaap1978 16 years, 1 month ago
Greetings Gamedev, My name is Sean Beeson, and I am a composer who has posted here quite a bit in the past. I just wanted to drop by and make a post about Tsaiko: The Taiko Drum Library, a personal project of mine with help from a few others, for the last seven months. This is a great taiko drum percussion library, and is very affordable for composers of any age and status. However, don't let the price tag fool you, as it is jam packed with A LOT of patches, mic positions and samples. (More information below.) This bundle includes not only the original Tsaiko, but also the expansion sounds. Thanks for checking this out, Sean SALE INFORMATION Tsaiko is currently 10% off from the Tsaiko Store from now until the end of the Game Developers Conference in February. (the 22nd to be exact!) To receive 10%, when prompted from the store to input a coupon code, use the code: gdc 10% will then be taken off of the order in your shopping cart. Tsaiko will also be receiving a free library update sometime in the near future as well, so stay tuned! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - After a short delay, I am here to announce the release of the Tsaiko Expander! The expander is a free update for all previous buyers of Tsaiko, and is included in all future purchases from the the Tsaiko Store for free. Tsaiko Store Tsaiko Website - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - INFORMATION ON THE EXPANDER So what exactly does the expander add? - Almost 400 mb of new samples. - Recorded in the same hall as Tsaiko, featuring the same mic control options. - Includes stomps, shouts, HAs, growls, Grrs, and other pseudo-manly sounds :) - Includes nearly fifty patches, including some like "Disgruntled Wookie" - The user has access to ALL of the original wave files. Combined with Tsaiko, the total package currently has over 5,000 samples of taiko drum hits, (near 2.2 gb), and around 100 patches. If you have any questions feel free to ask. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - INFORMATION ON THE ORIGINAL The taiko were recorded in a concert hall from multiple perspectives to allow for the most user control. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Demos - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tsaiko Demo 1 -christianb Tsaiko Demo 2 -Dan Reynolds Tsaiko Demo 3 -scoredog Tsaiko Demo 4 - Tom Salta Tsaiko Demo 5 -Justin Wasack Tsaiko Demo 6 -christianb Tsaiko Demo 7 -Michael Barry Tsaiko Demo 8 -Kai Bartosch - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Website and Store - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tsaiko Store Tsaiko Website - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tsaiko, is a multi-sampled taiko percussion library with the premise being user customizability of ambience and tone. It includes: Thousands of taiko samples - Left and right-hand hits. - Dozens and dozens of velocities. - Individual and unison ensemble hits from four taiko. - Head hits, shell hits, and stick clicks. - Recorded in 24-bit, 44KHz. - Almost 2 gb of taiko samples. Microphone Perspective Control - Recorded in a concert hall from various locations. - Balcony, in-hall, stage, and a close "three-set" microphone perspectives. - Each taiko was recorded from three-set close perspective to capture subtle nuances. - Top head, bottom head, and overhead microphone position. Customizability - User has access to all wave files/samples. - User can add or remove any microphone perspective they wish. - Includes almost fifty patches. - Includes scripts to help control microphone perspectives. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Minimun Requirements SAMPLER: Kontakt 2: Version 2.1.1.001 or newer. RAM: At least 512 mb RAM HD SPACE : At least 2.2 gb of hard drive storage You will also need a program to "un-zip" the .rar file - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES ON PURCHASING After payment is processed, you will gain access to the download via the "account" page. You will have two chances and 48 hours to download the product, if for some reason your download cannot be completed, please contact me, and I can get you fixed up right away. Thank you for checking this out, Sean Beeson
Sean Beeson | Composer for Media
www.seanbeeson.com
Advertisement
This stuff is incredible! I couldn't race to my wallet fast enough!

Some questions that come to mind also

1: You've already mentioned the velocity layers, this means that the percussion patches will have alternate sounds depending on how high/low the volume is correct?

2: Do you intend to upgrade/expand this package any further, and if so what will be your policy on upgrading? *ie, will you let me upgrade at a reduced price, or will I be purchasing the package separately*

3: What other products are you planning in the future?

thanks!

Downloaded and going off to bust out some rhythms with!

[Edited by - MaestroRage on February 7, 2008 3:26:23 PM]
Quote:Original post by MaestroRage
This stuff is incredible! I couldn't race to my wallet fast enough!

Some questions that come to mind also

1: You've already mentioned the velocity layers, this means that the percussion patches will have alternate sounds depending on how high/low the volume is correct?

2: Do you intend to upgrade/expand this package any further, and if so what will be your policy on upgrading? *ie, will you let me upgrade at a reduced price, or will I be purchasing the package separately*

3: What other products are you planning in the future?

thanks!

Downloaded and going off to bust out some rhythms with!

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

1. Yes. I am sure you are playing with this right now :)!

2. I am not sure what is going to happen immediately with Tsaiko and the updates. Stay tuned :)

3. As for new products. I wish I had the budget to sample a ton of stuff :) Also stay tuned, as anything could potentially happen hehe.

Thanks,
Sean

www.seanbeeson.com
thats too bad if you decide not to do any more products, I must say I was absolutely stunned by this package!

For 55 dollars (50 with the 10% discount till Feb 22nd people!), it's just ridiculous. At first I was worried that you had so many mic positionings, I thought i'd have several Taiko drums that sound very similar, with subtle differences which would be lost in the hustle and bustle of an active orchestra.

I could not have been more wrong. And the depth and realism you've provided for the natural instruments, and sounds you've thrown in yourself *I love the sun temple patch*, just made my year Sean. The multi set ups are also quite fantastic, ranging from very dry, to very wet.

And then there is of course the shouts and stomps introduced in the expansion pack. I absolutely love how each section and mic folder has the same shout, but carried out differently. With so many variations of so many shouts all my tracks are going to have a very human, very realistic factor, and this variation concept is carried over to nearly every single patch!

And the random velocity script introduced in some of the patches are brilliant! No longer do I have to worry about the "machine gun" effect when using this percussion library, the random velocity script coupled with so many velocity layers on the drums makes it very powerful.

Worth every penny and then some, as a musician yourself you knew exactly what was needed and delivered, well done! It would be a damn shame if you decided not to venture out and sample another instrument of this caliber, I have never seen so much attention paid towards anything like this before.

[Edited by - MaestroRage on February 8, 2008 9:46:11 AM]
Many thanks Maestro :)
www.seanbeeson.com
Lovebump.

I'd LOVE to buy this as some point. The samples sound absolutely incredible! How'd you go about recording these?

TOP NOTCH work.

Quote:Original post by Rain 7
Lovebump.

I'd LOVE to buy this as some point. The samples sound absolutely incredible! How'd you go about recording these?

TOP NOTCH work.

Very carefully :) Nah, basically just with a lot of microphones and as many coloration positions as possible.
www.seanbeeson.com
Heh I've been using an "ethnic taiko" soundfont for the last few months. I should get my hands on these. The demos sound incredible!
XBL: dojo99
It is an absolute amazing library and worth every dollar (worth much more even :P). The support is good and quick and I can really recommened it.

Composer and Sound Designer

http://www.jaapvisser.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement