Sign in to follow this  
Kubo

VertexBuffer problem

Hi guys, i am trying to construct VertexBuffer object this way: VertexBuffer vb = new VertexBuffer(typeof(CustomVertex.PositionColored), 3, this.device, Usage.WriteOnly, CustomVertex.PositionColored.Format, Pool.Managed); But it gives me DriverInvallidCallException. I am using Windows Mobile 5.0 for PDA and .NET CompactFramework 2.0. Does anyone know where is the problem??? I have also tried this: VertexBuffer vb = new VertexBuffer(this.device, 3 * CustomVertex.PositionColored.StrideSize, Usage.WriteOnly, CustomVertex.PositionColored.Format, Pool.Managed); but it gives me the same exception.....

Nice - running a search for DriverInvallidCallException yields this thread as the only reply and apparently this exception isn't even known on MSDN! [oh]

What is the message, internal error code, stack trace, inner exception - can you list out every single field that the exception specifies? May well be that there is some useful diagnostic information for you.

I'm wondering if its analagous to the native D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR return code - to which there is little that you can do except work around it. Have you tried other combinations of flags? Can you isolate it down to just this call? (it's not a residual error caused by a mistake elsewhere is it?)

Jack