Sign in to follow this  
MarijnStevens

Starting with Environment.

Hi! I am around here for quiet a while, and in the mean time I made a couple of games with C#, but never 3d games. Also I have been reading some books about game programming. ( .NET Game Programming in C#, Managed DirectX9 ), currently only making shaders and placing models with a fixed camera to check the lights... Now, However, I want to make a little environment "tool", where I can learn thinks as cameracontrol, placing objects, special effects (sunflare, water), cloud renders, character animation, ect. But I have a hard time starting. I want to take it with little steps, so I start with a camera right ? And after that some landscape rendering ? I dunno, that is the point. If someone can collaborate a bit about it, that would be awesome. I know its hard to tell "where I am", but just throw with anything you like, but I am pretty sure I want to use C# and MDX Thanks

I would make sure that you know your graphical API very well. After you make sure of that make a list of the things that you want to do in order of difficulty and start the easiest. That is how I am learning OpenGL and it personally works though your mileage will vary.