Sign in to follow this  
IcedCrow

XNA 2.0

It's been a hard struggle for me to figure out which graphics API I want to use. I really want to use Direct X as I have used it before but with Managed Direct X being fecalized... the SlimDX wrappers would work but would require a little more effort. XNA has a TON of microsoft support, and a ton of tutorials (which helps me quite a bit since books now a days are not very helpful in this area or are seriously outdated) whereas SlimDX does not have as much. My only issue with XNA is... I use C# 2008. Can't use XNA with 2008. I do have Visual Studio 2005 Pro but ... can't use XNA with anything other than C# 2005 Express. DOes anyone know if the 2.0 release allows us to use Visual Studio 2005 Pro with XNA? I know that 2008 support won't be along for quite a while.

Ah I see that the new XNA does allow you to use C# 2005 pro instead of express if you wish.

I guess that helps me out. I will have to take what I have done in 2008 and reimport it into a new 2005 project.

We'll see how I like XNA in a few months when this is finished ;)

I've had a few problems getting SDKs working on 2008. The latest DirectX SDK (november 2007) isn't supports, I could'nt get the G3D libraries to work and XNA would'nt install at all. I've deleted 2008 and gone back to 2005 until support grows for it. I'm still deciding on a graphics API for my project too.