Ageia Physx

Started by
5 comments, last by david w 16 years, 2 months ago
I am wanting to integrate physx into my game, am I am having a hard time with the SDK doc, as they are all in open gl. I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with or have any simple examples they can post. Thank you.
Advertisement
Well the physics engine has nothing to do with what graphics API you are using. Just retrieve the data the exact same way they do with their openGL code and just pass it to your DirectX rendering routines.

What specific things are you having trouble with?

-me
You could check CodeSampler. They have some samples about novodex physics ( its the old name of PhysX ).

Also bengaltgrs made some samples about directx and PhysX, you could PM him and ask him about where you could download them ( since his site is down ).

I hope that helps.

Edit:
Added link to some of the samples.
Here are some samples from bengaltgrs that I have on my PC, sorry for the host, but I don't know any other free one.

Also you could help and request for that feature to be included in the next release of PhysX in the dev support site.
------------------------------------ IDLoco Game Studios
Really the only point where your physics and rendering are coupled are at the world transforms for your actors. Generally the idea is you retrieve a transform from an actor using NxActor::getGlobalPose(), and then convert that into a D3D matrix using NxMat34::getColumnMajor44().
Thank you for the samples and the information. I have to go to work right now, but I have all weekend to try to wrap my head around them. If I need help, I dont mind posting the entire project up, as its not really that advanced yet. Thank you.
you can also try the tokamak physics, it is quite simple and fast at learning. But it is a bit limited.
@idloco Thank you so much for the demo's those are exactly what I needed. I have physX fully working in my game now. I really can't express how much you have helped me. You and whoever made those demo's. If I could pay you I would. I am really excited about this. Now I can just use darkbasic and dark physics to prototype my stuff up. I cant believe the speed differences I am seeing since I have moved all my stuff to Direct X and PhysX. I really do appreciate the help I have recieved on these forums. I am glad there are so many knowledgeable people on these forums. Again Thank you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement