Using DirectShow

Started by
1 comment, last by Programmer101 16 years, 2 months ago
Hi everyone. I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now with DirectShow. I know that it's deprecated and Microsoft doesn't put it in the DXSDK anymore but I have to use it, I don't really have a choice. So I went into an older SDK that I had on hand (I think its the summer 2003 sdk) and I took added the directories to visual studio. The problem that I'm having is that every time I try to compile I get the following errors about a "winnt.h":
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(222) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PVOID64'
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(222) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Buffer'
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
I'm guessing that this is just a problem with compatibility between the old headers and the new compiler. There must be a way to use DirectShow though, what do I have to do in order to get it work? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Advertisement
DirectShow got moved from the DXSDK to the PSDK (now the 'Windows SDK') so it hasn't been outright deleted, even though its not under active development.

I would imagine you'll be fine with the latest-n-greatest DXSDK and Windows SDK.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Oh, thanks for that information. Dang, I don't think I get get a gig over dial-up :( Oh well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement