Sign in to follow this  
Calin

RenderState.FillMode

I'm trying to set the scene fill mode to wire frame but it doesn't work for some reason I have this line inside my render function but it doesn't have effect device.RenderState.FillMode = D3D.FillMode.WireFrame; Are there any prerequisites for being able to change the fillmode?

No, you should be fine with that statement on its own. I suspect your problem is elsewhere - what other code sets up pipeline state? Any stateblocks or effect techniques?

Spin up a PIX experiment and inspect the pipeline state at the draw call in question. I'd bet that its set to 'solid' rendering and that something has overwritten your request to make it wireframe.

hth
Jack

I'm not using stateblocks. I have a few renderstate changes (cull and lighting) that's all. There might be something else because the render code is spread in several functions but at first sight there's nothign else

I've got it to work by placing the renderstate change right above the terrain render (which I wanted in wireframe). Looks like something changes each frame the fillmode to solid. I made a search and I don't have another "RenderState.FillMode" line in my code.