• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pawpaw3940

tv to computer

This topic is 3794 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
You probably need to connect them with a cable.

That's the best thing I can come up with given no useful information, and not being Dell tech support.

you probably didn't set up the multiple monitor nonsense in windows: right click on desktop -> properties -> settings. if you don't see 2 screens there then it's not set up right. Poke around in the properties window till you figure it out; it's pretty easy, done it a million times; i just never store that information in my brain areas

This also isn't "Programming"....

-me

I'll assume you're a Windows user, correct me if not.

Connect the cable, switch your TV on and select the correct scart channel, then reboot your computer like this.

Right-click on your desktop and click Properties, then select the Settings tab. If all went well, your TV should show as a second monitor, simply select it and tick the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" checkbox.

If no dice, see if your laptop has a hotkey for switching displays (usually hold the FN key and press one of the number keys - it should have a picture of a monitor in blue).

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Beaten to it, yet again

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!