tv to computer

Started by
2 comments, last by deadstar 16 years, 2 months ago
i have a dell e510 pc with a video card onboard w/s-video output but no video signal @ tv what am i doing wrong
Advertisement
You probably need to connect them with a cable.

That's the best thing I can come up with given no useful information, and not being Dell tech support.
you probably didn't set up the multiple monitor nonsense in windows: right click on desktop -> properties -> settings. if you don't see 2 screens there then it's not set up right. Poke around in the properties window till you figure it out; it's pretty easy, done it a million times; i just never store that information in my brain areas

This also isn't "Programming"....

-me
I'll assume you're a Windows user, correct me if not.

Connect the cable, switch your TV on and select the correct scart channel, then reboot your computer like this.

Right-click on your desktop and click Properties, then select the Settings tab. If all went well, your TV should show as a second monitor, simply select it and tick the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" checkbox.

If no dice, see if your laptop has a hotkey for switching displays (usually hold the FN key and press one of the number keys - it should have a picture of a monitor in blue).

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Beaten to it, yet again

"The right, man, in the wrong, place, can make all the dif-fer-rence in the world..." - GMan, Half-Life 2

A blog of my SEGA Megadrive development adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement