UVW Autounwrapping problem

Started by
0 comments, last by mntlinstituteflr 16 years, 2 months ago
Hello gamedev.net community! Question for you... In a project I'm working on I have to make a lightmap for each of my levels. So, the way the engine (Truevision 3D) exports/imports the lightmap is only if the lightmap is in a certain material slot as well as if the UVW map you have to apply to it for the lightmap is on channel 2. Now, doesn't seem like a huge problem, but here's the deal. For each of my objects in the level I have either a UVW map or a UVW unwrap modifier attached. So when I make my lightmap I must attach all of the objects and then bake the map. Problem is when I attach all the objects I tell it to match the material id (this makes it so that the UVW maps/unwraps will still be on the objects, even through the modifier stack is collapsed to 1 editable poly) it requires me to obviously have a map of some sort on the object (under UVW channel 2). So I decide to do the automatic UVW unwrap that the render to texture form comes with and place it under channel 2. Good news is it exports/imports correctly with the textures. Bad news is all the objects that had a UVW unwrap on them now show up very distorted. Some of my objects also require an unwrap on them because a map wouldn't be precise enough. If this is sort of confusing then I can understand, but any help at all is appreciated. Sorry for the possible confusion... Thanks!
Advertisement
Whoops, sorry about this. Got it fixed! Haha, moderator, please delete this post...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement