C#?

Started by
12 comments, last by gharen2 16 years, 2 months ago
If you want to learn C#, and I personally highly recommend the language, there are two titles that I feel would give you an excellent foundation. They are:

.NET Framework Essentials

and

Programming C#

I would also read them in the above order.

Neither are silver bullets that will make the effort required to become a good programmer go away, but if you take the time to read these (or similar books) through, you will avoid the trap of "visual" development environments that often lead programmers toward a shallow intellectual toolset.

Also, ask questions if anything you are reading is not clear to you. If you pass over a foundational area without "getting it", you're going to find it difficult to master the technology.

NOTE: I am not dismissing the value of visual development environments. Having spent considerable time without them, I now use their features extensively. However, my experience in watching others has been that it's not a good learning environment.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Plasmana
If you want to learn C#, and I personally highly recommend the language, there are two titles that I feel would give you an excellent foundation. They are:

.NET Framework Essentials

and

Programming C#

I would also read them in the above order.

Neither are silver bullets that will make the effort required to become a good programmer go away, but if you take the time to read these (or similar books) through, you will avoid the trap of "visual" development environments that often lead programmers toward a shallow intellectual toolset.

Also, ask questions if anything you are reading is not clear to you. If you pass over a foundational area without "getting it", you're going to find it difficult to master the technology.

NOTE: I am not dismissing the value of visual development environments. Having spent considerable time without them, I now use their features extensively. However, my experience in watching others has been that it's not a good learning environment.

Thanks Plasmana, I will definitely read those over when I raise the monies.

oler1s, I know thats the hole point to me coming to this site asking for help. :)
You should check the library for books before buying from Amazon.
Or don't bother with books at all, and just use the limitless resources online.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement