• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
FrieR

Animation System

This topic is 3791 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to create an engine so i can use it as a show case to potential game studios. I want to start by creating an Animation System. I just finished reading this article which i thought was great, it actually did open my eyes, and made me read other articles. http://www.gamasutra.com/features/19980821/corley_01.htm It shows basic animation code interfaces. And I'm wanting to create a skeletal animation system. Is there any other free resources i can read to help me in my journey?

Advertisement
Bear in mind that article is between 9 and 10 years old; the interface it gives there is a C++ one but you'd hardly know it.

If you want to make a skeletal animation engine I suggest you look at existing such engines, like Maya's for example.
You can also read up on the individual aspects of many skeletal animation engines, like keyframe animation, quaternions, inverse kinematics.

Good luck [smile]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!