py2app

Started by
5 comments, last by Kylotan 16 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I tried the py2app mailing list, but after registering, and sending my message, it said I hadn't registered and that my message might or might not be accepted by the moderator. I haven't heard back since. So let's try this here. Here's the beginning of the traceback: *** creating application bundle: Gravity *** Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\dev\Python25\lib\site-packages\py2app-0.3.6-py2.5.egg\py2app\build_ap p.py", line 548, in _run self.run_normal() File "C:\dev\Python25\lib\site-packages\py2app-0.3.6-py2.5.egg\py2app\build_ap p.py", line 619, in run_normal self.create_binaries(py_files, pkgdirs, extensions, loader_files) File "C:\dev\Python25\lib\site-packages\py2app-0.3.6-py2.5.egg\py2app\build_ap p.py", line 710, in create_binaries target, arcname, pkgexts, copyexts, target.script) File "C:\dev\Python25\lib\site-packages\py2app-0.3.6-py2.5.egg\py2app\build_ap p.py", line 1043, in build_executable appdir, resdir, plist = self.create_bundle(target, script) File "C:\dev\Python25\lib\site-packages\py2app-0.3.6-py2.5.egg\py2app\build_ap p.py", line 973, in create_bundle use_runtime_preference=use_runtime_preference File "C:\dev\Python25\lib\site-packages\py2app-0.3.6-py2.5.egg\py2app\build_ap p.py", line 962, in create_appbundle extension=self.extension, File "C:\dev\Python25\lib\site-packages\py2app-0.3.6-py2.5.egg\py2app\create_a ppbundle.py", line 29, in create_appbundle srcmain = module.setup.main() File "C:\dev\Python25\lib\site-packages\py2app-0.3.6-py2.5.egg\py2app\apptempl ate\setup.py", line 14, in main CC = cfg['CC'] KeyError: 'CC' > c:\dev\python25\lib\site-packages\py2app-0.3.6-py2.5.egg\py2app\apptemplate\se tup.py(14)main() -> CC = cfg['CC'] (Pdb) 1) What does this mean? 2) How can I work around it? Thanks, Geometrian

[size="1"]And a Unix user said rm -rf *.* and all was null and void...|There's no place like 127.0.0.1|The Application "Programmer" has unexpectedly quit. An error of type A.M. has occurred.
[size="2"]

Advertisement
Your cfg dictionary is lacking a CC entry. 'CC' in these contexts tends to mean the filename of a compiler. That's all I know, though.

Your best port of call for general Python problems is comp.lang.python. If you don't have a newsgroup reader, you can find it on Google Groups.
I just got something from someone which says that to compile with py2app, you need a mac.

New problem. With py2exe, how can I get PyOpenGL to work?

[size="1"]And a Unix user said rm -rf *.* and all was null and void...|There's no place like 127.0.0.1|The Application "Programmer" has unexpectedly quit. An error of type A.M. has occurred.
[size="2"]

That depends on what you mean by "work" (which in turn, implies that you've observed something not working).
Dude, you live next door to me.

And you need to be more specific about your problems, write a longer message.
Quote:Dude, you live next door to me.
Why so you do!

The problem with PyOpenGL is that when I compile a program which contains it with py2exe, the program always crashes. It never gets past the import statements. I have no idea why.

Also, in the output of py2exe, it says that PyOpenGL is missing.

Also, I installed PyOpenGL using easy_install.

G

[size="2"]

I assume it outputs some errors - to diagnose the problem, one would have to see those errors. It probably means that Py2Exe didn't notice a certain dependency, so you will have to set it explicitly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement