• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
darren_dwyer

Anyone using Borland C++ Builder / Dx7 / Dx9

This topic is 3791 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just curious is anyone is still interested in using Borland C++ Builder v#, and DirectX 7.0a... On my website, you will find RAD DirectX component libraries for BCB, freely downloadable, with a registration fee of US$99 per copy, payable when you release your product. Also, i'm curious how much demand there is for a DirectX 9.0c wrapper using the same technologies as those embodied in the DirectX 7.0a TDx_Library. Can you please send me an email, let me know what you are thinking? thanks in advance, Darren John Dwyer, http://www.bcb-tools.com admin@bcb-tools.com

Advertisement
I doubt many people would be willing to pay $99 to use DirectX7 with BCB. Is Borland C++ Builder even updated anymore?

Edit: I stand corrected, I guess C++ Builder has been updated... I remember when the future of that product line was dwindling at version 6...

Hi flimflam, etc...

um, the reason people sometimes pay for my product is it only takes 5 lines of Borland C++ Builder code to create a working DirectSound application, or DirectDraw, DirectInput, DirectPlay, Direct3DI.

When you look at Borland C++ Builder, and 4-5 lines of DirectSound code to make a sound play, or 8 lines of DirectSound code to play multiple sounds and music simulaneously, then thats not bad... thats what the TDx_Library does.

Code Re-Use.

Borland C++ Builder has over 1,000,000 registered users.

These people do not have access to much of DirectX, let alone DirectX 7.0a... C++ Builder does not ship with DirectX 7 and does not work properly with other versions of DirectX.

I am currently working on an expanded version of the TDx_Library, for Borland C++ Builder 2006 and 2007... and DirectX 9.0c...

To be released as soon as possible.

- darren

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!