• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
smally

MessageBox

This topic is 3962 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm currently making a game with DirectX. And I've been using MessageBox quite often in it for cases when either a texture file can't be found or a when a HRESULT has FAILED. However I don't know how to make my program respond to whatever the button from the message box the user clicks on. I have only just recently decided to make so if a texture isn't found the user has an option to close the program or continue. How do I go about this?

Advertisement
I think,when ever your program didn't found texture,then If user clicks continue then u should load a texture(default) which specify no texture.

Do you mean, how do you dtect the return value from MessageBox?

If so, then it depends on the type. MB_OK will return IDOK, MB_YESNO can return IDYES or IDNO, MB_YESNOCANCEL can return IDYES, IDNO, IDCANCEL, and so on.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!