• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Obbedemus

[VC++] Problems moving from Vista to XP?

This topic is 3788 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I had so swap computer with my mom this weekend, and she's using Vista and I'm XP. Since I haven't worked on her computer before, I installed Visual C++ 2008 Express (9.0) with SDL libraries. Then, when I got back home, I moved the project folder to my computer with XP and tried to opened. It said, it is a newer version, can't open it, blah, blah, blah. Fine, no suprise there, so I installed 2008 Express and copied the added folders from my VC8 to my VC9 folder. Then things started happen, whenever I compile now, I get compiler errors from SDL_image.h, which isn't mine and has always worked for me in the past. I tried to make a clean install of SDL with new lib-files, headers and DLLs, but same thing. So, is there any special issue when moving from Vista to XP with a project in VC++? Is there any changes that's been made? (I'm not hi-tech on OS, so maybe it's just something generally)

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Obbedemus
Then things started happen, whenever I compile now, I get compiler errors from SDL_image.h, which isn't mine and has always worked for me in the past.
What are the specific errors reported?

If required I can get a more detailed answered, but out of my head I can say I get three syntax errors and one syntax error with the "old format style?". I tried opening it on Vista again, and it was the same thing there! Oh, boy, I don't want to lose that...

Just did, and it's not working either. However, my backup is working fine, so probebly something changed in som cpp- or h-file while transfering. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!