• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chrisliando

[.net] Implementation of Diff or Levenshtein Distance algorithm for text Comparer

This topic is 3885 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anybody ever implement a text comparer algorithm like Windiff or Visual Safe Code application? I have found an algorithm called Levenshtein Distance. But I don't know how to implement it in Visual C# or C++. Does anybody ever use this algorithm? I am looking for text and binary diff algorithms. It would be helpful if you point me to some sources - how to implement a one (algorithm) or source code. Thank you very much.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by chrisliando
Have you ever implement this method?

I did once, when I was in school, years ago. Never had the need since then, as it's often implemented in most languages.

Quote:
Do you have any code sample?

I do not have any code sample, because it's been years since I wrote it, and it was on a school computer anyway. However, if you had followed my link, you would have noticed that the first line in the section was a link to a C# implementation.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!